Monday, June 18, 2012

Is Eli Manning Getting Enough Credit?
Who is Eli Manning? O that's right I remember that guy. It's easy to forget though as I haven't heard his name since I was getting ready to throw my TV out the window during last years Super Bowl. As a person who is living in the Big Apple for the first time this summer, I expected to here Manning's name everywhere after yet another clutch Superbowl performance.Yet to my surprise, if your name isn't Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez, you are essentially an afterthought.

I never thought I would say that Eli Manning isn't getting enough credit but is he? After being crushed two straight times after seeing my team lose to the Giants, at some point I needed to give  credit where it was due. While Sanchez and Tebow have combined for zero Super Bowls, Manning already has two. Not only has he won, but he has also won in New York which may be the toughest task of all.

When I think of the last name Manning, I think of Peyton and the amazing hall of fame career he has had. However, at this point I think its time to reevaluate what the name Manning means to the National Football League. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" business. With Eli having one more championship than his brother you have to ask the question of who the better Manning is.

Although I do believe Eli deserves a lot more credit than he has received, I think secretly, Eli likes flying under the radar. Although people rather discuss Osi Umenyiora's new contract, when the Giants comes down to the final drive, its going to be Manning and nobody else throwing up one more miracle pass in hopes to win it all. For that reason alone New Yorkers and fans all around should give Manning their nod of approval in that he is indeed an elite NFL quarterback.

Connect with the athletic, sports and fitness activities that keep you active on Tivity

Stay Active,
Aaron Granoff
Tivity

1 comment: